Kids

3 Reasons Why Hanging Out with Kids is Good for You

1. They have no filter. What comes into the brain usually comes out of the mouth. 

"How did you get that boo-boo on your face?" (Boo-boo = pimple)

"Are you sleepy? You look sleepy"

A lady recently told Caris that she liked our kid-size camping chair and Caris told her that it was from a yard sale. I was equally proud and embarrassed. I usually get to know someone before I flaunt my frugality. 

2. They help you notice the small things. 

A sighting of the moon during the day gets the loudest cheers. 

We take our girls to Disney World, the happiest place on earth, and they're continually humored and interested in the tiny birds that hop around eating stray pieces of popcorn. "Birdies!!!"

3. They need things explained very clearly and in turn, you have a clear reminder of the basics. 

"Babies have a string that sticks to their belly button and that's how they get food from their mommy. That's how they grow" 

"You have the Holy Spirit in you to help soften your hard heart and to help you obey and honor your mother and father" 

(Disclaimer: There wasn't a whole lot of Holy Spirit reliance on my part last week as I was equal parts Ursala/The Hulk/AreyoutryingtomakemecryIt'sworking) 

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh. So so true.
    1. One of my Inlaws proclaimed that "all we did was shop second hand" (I was also equally proud and horrified)
    2)James yelled out the atomically correct word for his peepee at Easter dinner.
    Kids. :) Glad to know I'm not alone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. So so true.
    1. One of my Inlaws proclaimed that "all we did was shop second hand" (I was also equally proud and horrified)
    2)James yelled out the atomically correct word for his peepee at Easter dinner.
    Kids. :) Glad to know I'm not alone

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anatomically. Not atomically. I'm a nut. Blame it on the kids. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Anniversary

Two Weeks from Two