Easter

2015

For now, Kent has deemed Easter a family-only holiday for us. This is a huge relief as I felt the desire need to have people over for lunch, but with Kent preaching Maundy Thursday+attending Good Friday service+a neighborhood outreach event on Saturday+both of us attending two services on Sunday (IAMNOTCOMPLAINING) The idea of hosting an Easter lunch while not burning the green beans, makes me want to curl up in a ball and close my eyes. BUT the thought of eating an Easter Feast in my jammies...now we're talking.

Regardless of the gestational state of my womb, every year I look forward to a delicious, big Easter lunch. What can I say, my Ma spoiled me. Would I love to drive 15 minutes to her house and eat what she's prepared? You 'betcha! But, as Anna pointed out while I was eating copious amounts of pistachios, food tastes better when you work for it. Here's my Easter menu:

Ham
Green beans
Rolls (Homemade? I'd love to, but I'm starting to balk at the prep time)
BUTTER
Macaroni and cheese
Banana Pudding (I've had a long, unmet need to eat Paula Deen's Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding So good it will make you wanna slap yo' mama. *Don't skimp on the chessmen cookies even though, as cookies go, they're a bit expensive. I don't buy my kids new Easter outfits, I buy chessmen cookies.

Nothing earth shattering and it's not a huge menu, but I can picture my plate now...
Get.in.my.belly.

Comments

  1. i LOVE chessman cookies and have never had them in banana pudding! Go get Kings Hawaiian rolls. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Anniversary

Two Weeks from Two