I've been hit by the plague since Wednesday. I'm a silent sufferer until a couple days in and then I let me true dramatic self show by sending sick-face selfie texts to my mom and husband and anyone who might write back. I won't go into details (yuck) but I truly don't think I've been this sick since elementary school! want me to send you a sick face selfie?
Here are 5 perks from my time as a convalescent too dramatic?
1. I've enjoyed seeing Kent as a stay-at-home dad. He takes them to the Y for 2 hours and then takes them back out again in the afternoon. His words, "You gotta keep these kids busy!" While I've been bedridden, I listened to what my life r e a l l y sounds like. Does Liza REALLY say, "mommydaddymommydaddddy" over and over when she wants something? And Caris has these interesting well thought out ideas that I'm too distracted (see Liza above) to hear. I love hearing my life from a distance.
2. Television without guilt. While Kent worked, we watched Bambie (Caris' choice) and Lady and The Tramp (my choice) and a handful of tv shows. Liza is interested for 0.45 seconds but 1/2 kids isn't bad.
3. I don't see a marathon run in my future so this is my only excuse to drink Gatorade. I also felt the liberty to send Kent to the store last night for Gatorade, crackers and popsicles.
4. Not sure if this is true (we don't own a scale) but I'm feeling skinny like circa 2010! ha ha ha
5. I had plans to march around this weekend and make Kent clorox clean the front & back porch, hang stuff in the house, yata yata so #5 is for Kent-- a weekend without me and my to-do list.
I said this on Thursday and was wrong, but I think I'm on the mend this time!
We went apple picking last week with Kent's sister and our nieces and nephews. It was a great trip because Kent planned the entire outing and I had no expectations. I had no cute outfits packed. I mean, who wears black and white horizontal stripes apple picking? (Said in my best Valley Girl voice) I had no perfect pictures that I wanted to snag. I was just blissfully along for the ride and it was a great lesson in kicking my expectations to the curb.
We ate the apples that had already fallen to the ground
which I think is legal in apple picking?
Making memories with cousins
Please zoom in on the two happy parents holding two fart head grumpy girls
Making: (soon) Trick or treat costumes Cooking: Tonight-- turkey kielbasa, rice and vegetables Drinking: I bought 3 (12) packs of soda for $8 today. What a deal! Reading: News headlines but not the articles because...politics Wanting: A bag of chocolate beside me right now. Mini kit kats? Reese cups? Hershey kisses? Looking: For cheap "oops" paint at Lowes/Home Depot for our hammock stand Eating: We snuck some chocolate frosted brownies from a meal that I gave to a new mom Wishing: For a better parenting day than we had today WHERE IS THAT CHOCOLATE Enjoying: Hosting small group twice a month Thinking: About the holidays. Group hug everyone. Celebrating: A clean house (see above "hosting a small group twice a month")
Loving: Rediscovering the fall smocked dress for Caris in the closet today Hoping: For a stress-free, easy breezy morning before church tomorrow Needing: To fold seventeen thousand articles of clothing that sit in my living room and mock me Smelling: The lotion on my hands, maybe? We need to delete this one
Listening: To the ceiling fan. Delete this one too? Feeling: CLEAN SHEETS. BEST EVER Wearing: Jammies Watching: At the risk of polluting your mind, I'm hooked (so far) on This is Us
why are some of the lines black and others gray? w e i r d