FLO-RIDA

I guess there's always a possibility that we'll return to Florida, but until/if then...

5 Things I won't miss about Florida

1. The heat, humidity & sun
I equate summer (5-6 months) in Central Florida to living in a frying pan. It's flat, it's hot and there's nowhere to hide. We can also use the (stolen) analogy of living in a dryer full of wet towels for the humidity aspect. Gross.

2. The lizards
We've had our fair share of them in our house and I've gotten use to them, but I won't miss them. Reaching for the water hose and discovering one, opening your front door and seeing them scatter.. no thanks.

3. The drivers
WHY IS EVERYONE IN A HURRY? But I have to admit that I've adopted one habit. We were driving to the park and the car in front of me didn't go at the green light (for a few seconds!) so I gave them a little honk. Caris asked, "Was that a love tap?" Ahh ha ha ha. I don't remember teaching her what a Love Tap was, but she went on to explain to Liza, "A love tap is when the light turns green and the person doesn't go so you give them a love tap."

4. The prices
Rent. Gas. Every time we go to South Carolina I dramatically acknowledge that "Gas is only $__.___ here!!" (Watch God move us to the most expensive city in the country just to sanctify me. Yehaw)

5. The daily summer thunderstorm
My kids are way less freaked out by the load thunder claps than I am.


5 Things I will miss about Florida

1. The parks
There are awesome, updated parks alllllll over the place. Bonus: clean bathrooms included.

2. The beach
55 minutes from my house? Can't beat that with a stick.

3. The winter
Because we endure May-October, we have developed a deep appreciation for November-April when it's gorgeous, breezy and like, 70 degrees all the time. Bonus: my kids have never known the long annoying bundling up process of hats and gloves and we wear sandals year round. (Watch God move us to South Dakota. Yehaw)

4. Mom friends/Bible study ladies
I have a handful of "let's meet at the park!" mom friends and I had reached the point at bible study where I was chatting with women of all ages and actually doing some of the "Have you met so-in-so?" This only took...years.

5. Our doctors
Don't get me started again on my allegiance to  ol' Virgil (my doc). We also have a sweet lady pediatrician who is a believer and doesn't give me grief for having small babies/kids.

Our lizard whisperer
That poor thing was still alive and living on a prayer
(most lizards are much bigger, I'm not being dramatic!)   

Comments

  1. I'm anxious to see what God has in store for you. Hopefully somewhere that has a Chick Fil A! Thanks for your blog. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Anniversary

Two Weeks from Two