September Goals

Before we dive into the September goals, let's review the goals for August. Each goal is listed followed by a short evaluation (reflection?)

1. Go for walks
This remained steady and possibly lacked a little. One reason was multiple play dates. It'd be impossible for me to walk and make it to a play date on time, duh. I was happy to swap walking for play date invitations. 

2. Read one book
I read Lift by Kelly Corrigan and Looking for Me by Beth Hoffman. I will never, ever, everrr recommend a book on my blog for fear of potential potty words and my younger audience. BUT I will recommend Julie G's blog, where I find all of my books. Click here 

3. Use our public pool 
Check!  

4. Clean and organize
The linen closet, pantry and garage are all organized and (key part here) have stayed that way. 

5. {Get my husband to} Hang Decorations 
He is always willing, I'm the one who hems and haws over what to put where. I hung a few things and am on a roll. House tour COMING SOON. And by soon, I mean October(ish)...

My garage organizing hunka'hunka' burnin' love
He found an old jumpsuit and couldn't resist

September Goals

1. Record expenses and follow a semi-budget
I know that most of our money goes towards gas and food (Hello Cheetos, Lemon Heads, pregnancy and an expanding waist line) But I've thrown in some willy-nilly purchases recently. I want to keep track of those so that I can feel the freedom to spend in other areas (see goals #4 and 5)

2. Recommit myself to The {dreaded} Cleaning Schedule
What trumps cleaning in our house? Try everything. Without a schedule, things... and I'm talking about the bare minimum... slowly go unnoticed. I'm pretty sure you could knit a Fall sweater for a chipmunk with the fuzz that has accumulated in the corners of our bedroom. And that's not the bare minimum that I'm really talking about. I'm just trying to save face. I'm so uncommitted to cleaning schedules that I'm thinking about making a reward chart that includes a prize at the end of the month. You think I'm joking...

3. Complete my weekly Bible Study on time
We've begun a 6 week study on Gideon (bonus points if you know where he's found in The Bible without Googling it. I couldn't do it) Last semester I was the one who either held my book in my lap (to hide my blank pages) OR the one who did 3 days worth of work in 1 day. And seeing how today is Tuesday and I haven't completed a day of work...with Bible Study on Thursday...I'd say I'm already rocking this goal...

4. Create care packages & gifts 
Wow, these goals are weighing me down. Onto something fun. There are a few things happening in September for friends (I have friends in Florida!) a baby, a surgery, a birthday. I'd like to plan ahead and deliver small gifts, cookies, cards to them.

5. Finish projects
Maybe it will help if I name them? Two picture frames, one canvas painting, the plastic picnic table, one window and one living room shelf. I know that's vague, but hopefully by the end of September I'll have pictures and details.

{Last September}
I wish I could go back in time and kiss those tiny, soft cheeks 
even though they're technically the same tiny, soft cheeks I kissed today

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Anniversary

Two Weeks from Two