5 on Friday

1. Today marks 33 years of marriage for this couple. I'm pretty sure they weren't wearing these outfits to celebrate today. They are complete opposites and they're currently stuck in a hut together in South Sudan. Only Jesus.  
2. Tomorrow is this chick's 5? birthday. If we were hanging out we'd probably go shopping and spend our husband's money and then stuff our faces with tasty treats. RAIN CHECK, please! 

This picture was supposed to be our "Let's look emotionally drained since we just drove from Philly" but someone couldn't help but to crack a smile. The nerve.

3. Tonight Kent grilled chicken for my post-surgery dinner care package, bathed Little Punky Brewster AND did the dishes before heading out to his 8PM-1AM youth event. And for that, I stand and publicly salute him. 

4. Sunday is Grandparent's Day so a Happy Grandparent's Day to Pops and.... (insert a Grandma name for my Mom. We're still working on it)...! Although we miss you a lot and the one thing I wanted was for my child(ren!) to grow up semi-near their grandparents, you did save me $2.99 on a Grandparent's Day Card since you can't receive mail. Thanks. The glass is half full today.

5. Our church is starting a Wednesday night program this week. I signed up to help with the Children's Ministry, but at the rate I'm going, I'm going to have to prop my eyelids up with toothpicks just to stay awake. I can imagine another worker sneaking into youth group and whispering to Kent, "Sooo your wife is like, asleep... in a beanbag chair upstairs." 

Comments

  1. Sweet post. I know you miss your parents.
    Do you still own the Ski Advance shirt?
    You can buy cheaper cards at the Dollar Store. FYI for when you CAN send your parents a card.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Anniversary

Two Weeks from Two