All Things Food

First of all, HAPPY NATIONAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DAY.

There aren't many things I wouldn't do for a fresh, hot-out-of-the-oven piece of heavenly goodness. Sadly, the following picture wasn't taken today (Easter) but I am thawing some dough as I type. 

I'd like to thank my Mother Inlaw for showing me how to bake chocolate chip cookies. First, I gained their family recipe through marriage (Kent or the recipe- a toss up for the best thing that I gained almost five years ago) 

Secondly, fresh off my honeymoon, I watched my MIL bake cookies for the first time- with detailed precision. It was something that I never saw from my own "Cook by smell" Mother.

*Side note: My MIL would be saddened by these different sized cookies- especially the last row.
 Kent goes on Food Show marathons. Here I am benefiting from his "Everything Fried" Show. This picture is fried Reeses. We also tried Snickers, Milky Way and cookie dough. Just typing that makes my mouth water and my pants feel tighter.

Just kidding- I'm wearing stretchy Mom pants. Aren't you?
 Show #2 was BBQ Pitmasters and Kent's long awaited (8 hours) BBQ made me to want to slap my Grandma! {Said in my Paula Dean voice}
 How legit does this picture look? When I get overwhelmed with our poor, but delicious food choices, I aim for something lighter and healthier. 
 My daughter's frozen grape face. 
 I tried twice to rotate this picture. Just tilt your head.
When we eat something like this, I lift my fork and say, "In honor of Wes and Sara!"...who will probably run a half marathon before walking uphill to our funeral someday. 
 These were Chocolate Icebox Cookies. They were interesting. I don't think I have a fancy enough pallet for them. 
 Sometimes, when Kent's home, I sneak outside to eat my breakfast
Our food wouldn't taste half as good without my grocery shopping partner!
{She hates shopping}
Remember the first time she rode in a cart?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Anniversary

Two Weeks from Two