3 Reasons

3 Reasons: 
Why It's a Good Idea to Move
(Because "The Reasons Why We Shouldn't Move" would be too long
&  too sappy) 
1. I'm less likely to run into people from Middle School. This reason specifically addresses my 8th grade English teacher. I've probably seen her every year since the 8th grade and considering that that was thirteen years ago, that's a lot of times. I've always resisted the urge to walk up to her and say, "You never taught me how to diagram sentences! You're the reason I'm not a writer!" But if I happen to see her after I move, I'll take it as a sign and invite her out to lunch...where she might just teach me how to diagram sentences.

2. It's a ritzy, upscale place. We're moving to a place where people are well off. Yes, there will be drawbacks to this and I probably wouldn't pick it if I had a choice (but that's a blog post for another day). While there will be drawbacks, there is one obvious advantage....ritzy, upscale people who donate nice things to thrift stores and Goodwill! Can't wait to fill my new place with lots of things I probably don't need. 

3. Kent's new job. To say that he's excited is a total understatement. It's a full time position as a Youth Pastor at a church that he wants to be a part of with a staff that he wants to do ministry with. After his initial visit, he  talked more about his trip in a 24 hour time span than he has in the 9 years that I've known him. I'm learning that his excitement can trump almost my entire "Reasons Why We Shouldn't Move" list. 

Comments

  1. love this. it is helpful for me as we look forward to our "what's next"!! i will be praying for you both! :) steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. May God help you embrace the next season of your life. You will be a great youth pastor's wife. Hope I can still see your ma when she comes back to the states. Or will you have her all the time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats you guys! This is exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Anniversary

Two Weeks from Two