Susie Homemaker: Peach Pie

Goal: Martha's Peach Pie 
Level of mess {to clean up}: Medium. Peach juice + brown suga' + mixing by hand 
Eatable: I'm not a huge pie fan, but Kent is. He ate it, but didn't fall out of his chair after the first bite. He didn't rave about it. 
Bottom Line: When following a Martha Stewart recipe I always feel the need to be totally serious, read the recipe 4x more than I normally would and furrow my eyebrows. No nonsense.                    
If you want to fill like the bombdotcom baker, BAKE A PIE (store bought crust, of course). And if you're a total cornball, stand on the front porch holding the pie, while wearing oven mitts when your husband pulls into the driveway. (Guilty) It'll make him laugh. 
My Sous (pronounced "Sue" in case you're not totally into competitive reality cooking shows. Guilty.) My Sous Chef was so excited about making a pie that she lost control of her bowels and had to be whisked away from the kitchen. 
Before baking. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Anniversary

Two Weeks from Two