How To: Homemade Baby Food

Disclaimer: I don't know the in's and out's of this parenting thing ( And I'm totally ok with that. Stop feeling sorry for me!) and I'll usually go along with just about any advice thrown at me or cower at any corrections. 

{Unless you're the cashier who tells me that it looks like my baby is choking in her carrier. Then I'll want to take off my big, silver hoop earrings and go South Philly on you. Ahem. She is not choking} 

I'm sure there's an easier way to make baby food (or not make it at all...now we're talking...) 

Step 1: Boil sweet potatoes (or other vegetable) until tender
Step 2: Make sure that you pick a time when your {usually angelic} child is going to flip out. But because the food making process is already underway, strap them to you. 
Step 3: As you're spearing the potato and carrying it to the blender, drop some of it in the open silverware drawer. 

The drawer is open to keep the water bottle wedged in between the drawer and dishwasher to keep the dishwasher running, of course. 
Step 4: Make enough home made sweet potato baby food to feed your child and the entire church nursery. Twice. 
Around this time, your child will fall asleep 
Step 5: Scoop the food into ice cube trays and freeze. Then, run out of trays and send that hard working husband of yours to the store after work to get more trays
Step 6: Enjoy some coffee (YOU EARNED IT) while waiting for your child to wake up 
TOMORROW: Tiny Su's response to sweet potatoes 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Anniversary

Two Weeks from Two