Moment of Silence

With the last chilly winter days behind us, you can feel it, can't you? The hustle and bustle of spring. Everybody out and about being their best selves... running, playing, buying mulch, smiling, and my neighbor who uses a leaf blower everyday from April until November {shrugs my shoulders} I don't know, but his yard looks nice. 

I love spring just as much as the next person. The spring scent coming through an open window instantly transports me back to 7th Street with the charcoal grill and backyard wiffle ball games (BEAM ME UP, SCOTTY! TAKE ME BACK just for a day!) But I have to confess that those cold, windy, rainy winter days are my JAM. Make me stay inside,  slap some leggings and wool socks on me and stick a fork in me, I'm done. Introverts gonna introvert, y'all. Of course too many of those days in a row can damage your pyschological frame of mind (not speaking from experience or anything...) But one or two? Makes me giddy. 
I am also the parent who can sit inside all day when it's sunny and 70 degrees but will force everyone outside when it's cloudy and 40 degrees (see below) or 93 degree in July in Florida (sorry girls) I speak profound sentences like, "There's no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothes!" as I push everyone outside.
Ma, how long do we have to stay out here?
Until next year, winter days!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Anniversary

3 Reasons