December {Thus Far}

How 'bout a December recap?!
This was technically at the end of November. While visiting his parents, Kentario swept me away for a day in Asheville where we visited the Grove Park Inn and its Gingerbread Competition and spent entirely way too much money on food
 I vividly remember being bummed out when Caris wasn't interested in decorating for Christmas at the age of two (see here) Fast forward 4 years: I have three small shadows and I'm just like, (in a small pleading defeated whisper) "Please, please go out of this room full of christmas decorations for just 5 minutes
 2/3 of my curious, eager helpers 
 Miss Ilse sent chocolate advent calendars again this year and they're a major hit, as always
 We celebrated Aunt Anna's birthday
 Got a Christmas tree that apparently doesn't drink water and looks really rough now (insert that money with wings emoji here) 
 The one day all year that I took the girls for a surprise donut date happened to be on 12/12 when they (unbeknownst to me) had their Buy a dozen Get a dozen for $1 deal. The place was packed and the line was long and slow
 We survived and sugar helped 
We worked on Christmas cards while Liza casually said, "Wait, does Santa really come down the chimney?" I had the gentle "some kids think that so we don't really talk about it because that's the loving thing to do" talk, knowing the whole time that she will probably be the one that runs through the room full of Suits cousins yelling "SANTA DOES NOT REALLY COME DOWN CHIMNEYS BUT SOME OF YOU THINK DAT" 
 We've worn festive garb and waited for Gigi to babysit during our church small group party 
 Although I miss Amy K in Florida, a new "Let's tackle daunting tasks together" friend has adopted me and we made sugar cookies with our girls. Thanks, Pam, it was worth it in the end
 Copying letters on the Christmas card to Pops and Gigi with her tongue out I CAN'T EVEN WITH THE CUTENESS 
 We met Aunt Anna and Gigi in the Cornerstone parking lot for a quick (and chilly) picnic before driving through the SS Christmas lights
 Three cheers for an 8 passenger van! 
 We joined the zoo with my mom (I think that's legal? A mom and Grandma? If not, oops and shhh!) I splurged on the "fancy" pass and we get to do the extra things "without paying money!" according to my girls. Gigi and Caris fed the eager birds and I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Birds on their heads and backs. Meanwhile Liza and I stayed a good distance away (as in, not even in the exhibit) 
Not pictured is Caris' hearty rendition of Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer and the general chaos in our house. A whole lotta love and moments where I yell "GLORY" and think, "Jesus take the wheel" in my head. A legit prayer of mine. We're hoping to slow our roll soon so we can celebrate Jesus' birthday (She types and as finishes a strong cup of coffee that makes her want to pull her house apart and tackle 18 new projectsWOOO!!!) Emmanuel, God with us, many year ago and now the Holy Spirit, our helper, living in those who trust in Jesus' death & ressurection as the only means of salvation

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Anniversary

Two Weeks from Two