An Update

WHAT'S UP my faithful readers?? (hi, dad!) I realized it was time for an update. Many of you wrote and prayed for us during our Year of Trials and Tribulations last year and we're grateful for that. We lived with my former roommates of twenty-two years (hi, dad!) from September-January and then moved about 20 minutes away to a small town known for it's chickens and barbecue. 

Last January Kent and I talked about ministry and life while sitting in our car eating dessert. He was ready to sign up for a local church planting weekend-long seminar. I was walking at half-speed and all but wearing bubble wrap, trying to protect the baby that we'd just found out about. Towards the end of the conversation, I blurted out, "I have like, no desire to plant a church" Kent said "Good to know" and for that and other reasons, he didn't attend the seminar. 

In May, when he was job-less and looking, I said, "Don't you move me to some small country church!"

Fast forward to the fall and after applying literally EVERYWHERE (Colorado! Virginia! Pennsylvania!) the only opportunity that sat in front of us was a tiny church replant in a small country town. 

{I've learned to be quiet now. winkyface}

There are more details to unfold (like, gulp, raising support) but I'll save that for another post. Kent's working 30 hours at a local established church (hi, dad!) and a few hours at our new church each week until he goes full time as church planting pastor-- possibly in May or June, if not sooner.

We now live in the church's manse (parsonage) Which seems so quirky and rad to me! It's the biggest house we've lived in and we're thankful for the carpet, 4 bedrooms, natural light and big fenced-in backyard.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Anniversary

Two Weeks from Two