Big Life Events

This week we have five big events

1. Caris is attending Vacation Bible School 

This is the first time we've ever dropped her off somewhere and driven away from the premises. Deep breaths. She is having a great time and although it's abnormally quiet without her around, we're enjoying our one on one time with Liza. (And I can see why moms sing the praise of Preschool. It cuts your day in half!)

2. Liza is using big potties 

We have yet to take the plunge into panties, but she's rocking potty training (It's all about the candy reward and Kent's help) Also included:: she gets to say phrases that her big sister uses like, "I need pri-ba-cy. Don't look a me." And so there I stand, pregnant and huddled in the corner of the library bathroom stall staring at the wall.

3. Kent and I celebrated thirteen years

I realized that this week is The Edge Summer Conference, thus making it the week that we met back in 2004. And by "celebrated" I mean I hugged him abnormally and awkwardly tight and exclaimed how LUCKY he was to meet me on top of Lookout Mountain, Tennessee and how our JOURNEY IS REALLY JUST BEGINNING and LOOK! we're going to see our THIRD BABY on a tv screen TODAY. (!!!)

4. We saw our third baby on a tv screen 

I'm not sure if every patient gets an ultrasound to check the baby's growth or if it's because of my pregnancy with Caris or if he thinks I'm paranoid, but we got to see our lil' lump of sugar yesterday.  She's cute. I think. Won't be long now!

5. Caris is swimming

Coach Kent has a done a great job teaching her again this summer and she LOVES swimming alone (Don't be fooled- we're talking swimming alone in little spurts. Wall to steps. Steps to wall.) The exciting recent addition to her swim career is that she can swim down and grab the dive toy at the bottom of the shallow end. Although I cheer like a proud mom, I can hardly watch and it takes everything in me not to yell COME UP AND BREATHE, CHILD!! (in my Paula Deen voice) Where is Liza usually? Standing on the pool steps giggling while naked (+ a puddle jumper)
 Arm floaties no longer needed! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Anniversary

Two Weeks from Two