Questions Answered

Our new van

I'm back to answer some of the questions that follow "You're pregnant?!"

However, I'll skip Ilse's (our 77 year old German friend) first question to us, "Was this on purpose?" Ilse!!

1. How are you FEELING?? 
The old(er) ladies at bible are sweet to ask "How are you FEEEEELING??" every Thursday at bible study. I always answer with a cheery "good!" because I don't want to dive into details- like how every some afternoons I walk on the treadmill at the Y and burp the entire time and hope no one picks the empty treadmill next to me.

This pregnancy has been a total Dream Boat! I'm so thankful and relieved. I haven't hugged the toilet once, which is something I couldn't say for my two previous pregnancies. We found out at 7 weeks because after eating chocolate, I wasn't filled with warm fuzzies. It hardly had any taste at all to me(WHAT??)

Although the pregnancy has been easy, physically I feel like a pack of mules have trampled over me and a swarm of bees have attacked my eyes ("Puffy Eye Syndrome-even-if-you-sleep-8 hours" Look it up) I'm not sure if it's caring for two kids, a third pregnancy or age, but help me Rhonda.

2. When are you due? Do you know the sex of the baby?
I'm due on August 19th. We don't know the sex of the baby and we'll probably wait until July-ish to find out. We like to know, but we like to stretch the surprise a little longer.

3. Does Kent want a boy? 
We both agree that a boy would be a fun addition, but saying "We want a boy" sounds like the flip side is "We don't want a girl" and that's not the case. Another girl would fit in easily and then if the Lord gave me partial hearing loss, I'm not sure I would complain. winkyface People at church are quite passionate about hoping/wishing/praying a boy on us. One lady said she'd pray that we get a boy and I replied, "It is what it is!" Biology, my friends, biology.

4. Any cravings?
I dreamed of Chipotle burritos for a couple of months- and indulged in my fair share of them (Thanks, Kent!) I'll happily still eat them, but they don't consume my everyday thoughts anymore. Usually I stand in the kitchen or grocery store and wait until something speaks to me. I've had an ongoing 3PM date with a box of Cheez-Its this week. Still trying to figure out why Fit Pregnancy magazine hasn't contacted me to write an article yet.

5. What do the girls think? 
Telling them was a lot of fun. Before she knew, Caris patted my stomach and said, "It looks like you have a baby in your belly. Let's pretend you have a baby in your belly." We decided it was the perfect time to tell them. Her mouth dropped open and she asked, "Like, a real baby?" Liza made a beeline for me and tried to lift up my shirt while saying, "See it? See it?" They like to pat my belly, say hi to the baby and Caris is my growth advisor with the occasional "Wow your belly's getting bigger!!" comment. Caris wants another sister and they both want it to come out now.


(Jokes on the new van. Kent rented that for a youth retreat)

Comments

  1. I'm happy for you! About the pregnancy...not the van being a rental.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Anniversary

Two Weeks from Two