Frugal Friday {Shoe Edition}

I've been on the look out for a pair of quick and easy shoes for my #1 girl. Just something to throw on to get the mail (one of her favorite activities). 
Crocs $1.99
The color is less than desirable, but they're in perfect condition and just the kind of thing I wanted- quick and easy! 
 "Show me your shoes!" 
{Pants are optional around here}
 When our family first moved down South 14(!) years ago, we had extra play money for the first time ever (Thanks to my Suga' Daddy, Chuckles) Ma and I made many trips to the mall just for fun. I mean, we bought things full price from The Gap.
Those were the days....
We usually checked out the shoe collection at Dillards and I acquired two pairs of shoes from the designer, Gianni Bini. A few years later, while thrifting, I found a pair of Gianni Bini flats. And just like that, I had  A SHOE GUY (I've always pictured him as some old Italian guy, but maybe it's just a brand name?) A few weeks ago I added to my collection with these sandals. 
$3.99 
 You guys. These are my THIRD pair of Chacos that I've found in Florida. Every time I find a pair my heart jumps into my throat, I have a sudden urge to YELP and piddle in my pants (This is a new phrase from our Pastor referring to his new puppy). Piddle. Try it out. 

When I find Chacos, I lunge for them in a socially acceptable way and then hug them to my chest. 
$3.99 
They retail for about $100. I would crown myself the Queen of Chaco Finding, but my friend SJCP is just as good (better?) than me. 

Comments

  1. I am proud to know you and be the mother of SJCP. Loved the crocs.
    Keep thrifting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was an amazing Frugal Friday!! And you have the cutest kid! And you are most definitely the Chaco Thrifting Queen. I've only ever found two pairs, both women's, and I had to pay $5 each. :) woohoo thrifting!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Anniversary

Two Weeks from Two