August Goals

last august

I'm not good with goals, lists, aspirations or long term commitments. New Years Resolutions? Bucket Lists? They've been written and then shoved into the depths of my nightstand drawer. There are 3 things that I've committed to and stuck with...

1. College Although Calculus almost did me in 

The next two are big because they are like...NEVER ENDING

2. Marriage
3. Parenthood

Aside from these 3 commitments, I've managed to keep pretty low expectations for myself ('Atta girl). And this month is no different, although I AM writing down a few goals and you ARE accepting the challenge of being my accounta-billa-buddy (Don't worry, we don't have to check in or talk about any of this)

A bunch of bloggers do monthly goals, but I'll cite The Tiny Twig who calls them Goals with Grace. Which means, if when you fail, you give yourself grace and only eat one tastykake instead of three. 

August Goals
1. Go for walks
"Early" morning "power" walks that I can count as exercise. This is awful for two reasons: Exercise. And Florida heat. Actually writing down a number (SIX DAYS A WEEK!) would be too daunting, but I'm thinking...4-5. 

2. Read one book

3. Use our public pool 
You're probably thinking, "Ewh! Public pool?" Especially if you have the same images that I do of a  public pool in Philly in the 90's.... BUT this one is clean and people follow the unspoken pool expectations. I begged Kent for a pass so I need to make the most of our last month. The issues I usually run into? Nap time (daily) and crazy, raging Thunderstorm time (usually daily). 

4. Clean and organize
The garage (which is currently housing a few tree stumps...don't ask) 
The linen closet
The pantry 

5. {Get my husband to} Hang Decorations 
There are 3 projects for the living room area that I'm mulling over right now

What are your goals for this month? I would link up to The Tiny Twig, but sadly after all these years of blogging I STILL don't know  how to link up to anything.

If you're looking for list inspiration, ask my bestie who, along with her husband, is a LIST PRO. Short term lists, life lists, marriage lists... they rock lists! 

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry something happened with my comment. Good for you! Lists are so empowering, I've learned to celebrate even if I just make progress on each item (like "exercise 2 times"). Are you saving stumps to use as end tables like the Nester???

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, no. my "grill master" husband chips away at the stumps to use on our charcoal grill!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Anniversary

Two Weeks from Two