Dog Diary {On Coming Inside}

Dear Readers,

Many of you have asked about my well being (Just kidding, but it makes me feel better to write that) In June I went to the beach with the rest of the family and we were surprised when everyone made comments about my weight. And not the lack of it. I had hurt feelings to say the least, but what they didn't know was that I had been essentially homeless for the last few months. I was kicked out of the house after tearing apart a bag full of dirty diapers (I seriously tried to resist them) Then my Mom and Dad said life got busy, yata yata, and there I was, sleeping in the hot garage. This caused some depression and weight gain.

After the beach, my Mom felt guilty and treated me to a new collar, an updated tag, better shampoo that cost more than $3 and wasn't from Walmart AND a new ball (score) After a thorough bath, I was let back in! I couldn't believe my good fortune. Of course this all came with a sudden reduction of food, but the pros far outweighed the cons. 

Here's one thing I had missed- laundry sorting. 
I'd be lying if I said it was all peachy now. Sometimes they block me off with 7,000 toys. This usually happens when they're eating or when My Mom is about to lose her marbles.
Here's the other problem. This thing. 
Do you see my face here? 
PLEADING. I am pleading for help. My Mom says, "Good dog! Yay Patch!" when I'm patient with her, but deep down, sometimes I'd rather be in the garage than with her. 
We do have some occasional good times. She likes to copy me. This includes licking different pieces of furniture and trying to lick water out of the kiddie pool. I'm better at both things. 
Now I know that I'm not missing out on any big family events. Like making fruit-n-veggie stew. 
My absolute favorite time of the day happens between 1-3. This time is called "Nap time" or "Night night" and it's two hours of freedom when I can wander, sleep or follow my Mom around in peace. It makes all of the other things worth it. 

Signing off for now-
Patch

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Anniversary

Two Weeks from Two