Day 2: 5 Things

1. On March 11th, Kent had an exam and it was going to be the FIRST appointment that he had missed the entire pregnancy. It was ok though, because I had my girl support team: Anna and Kerith. While we waited in the lobby, Kent surprised us by showing up and it happened to be the best thing he'd ever done (since proposing..winkwink) He was there when the doctor told me, "You've been sitting on the fence for awhile and... you fell off the fence" which, when translated into normal-talk is, "Today is Baby Day" {I still give that doctor a C- for her bedside manner}

2. We had no bags packed & no car seat installed. I would get frozen when I saw the super organized, super detailed packing lists that blogging moms put on their blogs so I just never packed...there was always more time... Anna and Kerith ran around town like wild women packing bags, buying preemie clothes, cleaning my house. They rocked my socks off- I'll always remember their hard work. The main thing I wanted was a video camera and my regular camera.
 3. Another memory is how my siblings came to sit and wait through the afternoon and into the evening. I wasn't allowed to eat anything {since 10AM} and Ben came into the room and chowed down on all sorts of snacks- it smelled so good. I don't think he knew what kind of torture he was putting me through. Wes chatted with the nurses- he was my "surrogate Shelly". Sara called from Las Vegas- we cried over the fact that she wouldn't be there to meet her niece. I missed my parents. 
 4. I was scared. In my head I repeated "the Lord is my Shepard I shall not be in want the Lord is my Shepard I shall not be in want" over and over and over. On a lighter note, my anesthesiologist ended up being a TOTAL CUTIE. Yes, I've told Kent. I thought, "Isn't it enough that I'm getting rolled in here like a beached whale, scared and totally humiliated? ...He's gotta be CUTE??" 
 5. I'll spare you (and me) the details of the delivery, but I'll leave you with one word: drugs. Sadly I had many of them and the rest of the her birth day I didn't know if I was coming or going. It wasn't until I looked back at pictures that I saw Kent's {awesome, adorable, precious} Daddy Glow. He was beaming. Susu attended her first sleepover in the NICU (her breathing) so it wasn't until March 12th that I held her for the first time. 
Photos by Kerith

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Anniversary

Two Weeks from Two