Month 1

It's been one month, today, since we moved. 

There's been a few highlights...

Hanging out with my Dad {Granted it wasn't in Florida}
Watching Caris grow & change {even more}
Decorating a new house {A rental: let's hang stuff everywhere!}
Enjoying beautiful weather {80's!}
Getting bombarded with birthday cards {picture below}
Watching Kent catch a tree frog behind the sofa {Oh yes}
And the month wouldn't be complete without a lot a couple of lows. 2 stand out in my mind...

1. I've cried the past two Sunday mornings at church. The first time I made it to the bathroom with only the pastor's wife and one elder seeing me. I recovered enough to sit through the rest of Sunday School after I gave myself a personal pep talk in the mirror that went something like, "You can't run away forever! You got this!" Last Sunday, however, Caris and I stood in the front of the nursery, next to the HUGE glass window that overlooks the FRONT LOBBY... and cried.  

If you're looking for a nursery coordinator that sits youth director's wives down in rocking chairs and gives them free mini counseling sessions, I KNOW WHERE TO FIND ONE.

And there's only 1 other "low" that could trump it..

2. I HIT KENT'S CAR. 

Not with the jogging stoller. Or moving boxes. Or even a metal baseball bat. With my car.

Exactly one week after our move, I was backing out of the garage- focusing on clearing the side of the garage when I heard a crunching metal noise. What's that noise? {Me} WHAT ARE YOU DOING?? {Kent} 

And there we stood, me crying in the middle of the garage, Kent hugging me, me whispering, "This is probably the lowest point so far..." 

Anddddddd we're on to month two!

Comments

  1. Oh, bless you Kait! I will be praying for Month 2 (and beyond), especially for Sundays!! Keep on keeping on! And tell Kent to buy you a box of tissues and some chocolate. Or maybe donuts. Or ice cream. Or all of that. Miss you! -Steph P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, SJCP! My only purpose now for writing is for you to be able to say, "Well at least I didn't hit my husband's car...At least I didn't..." when you move to HH!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Anniversary

Two Weeks from Two