House Hunters


Hello from a dark hotel room where both of my roomies fell asleep at 8:30.

It took 7 hours to get to the Sunshine State and I'm relieved to report that Little Miss was a road trip champ. We rented the tiniest car which I've nicknamed THE BLACK GNAT. My knees hit my chin when I sit in it. But, as always, it could be worse. It turns out that Kent loves rental cars and he pushed every button in that car within the first 5 minutes. It reminded me of this scene from Elf.

Today...
1. We looked at 8 houses [to rent]
2. I pinched Caris' chin in her car seat buckle (SOBS)
3. We ate at Huey Magoos
4. Kent showed me around the church
5. We dragged Caris around for hours after her nap time (SOBS)

[Tomorrow is a "Recollect Yourself" Down Day]

Sunday...
1. I will summon any extrovert-ness energy that I have
2. I will attend a church brunch, church and possibly lunch with church people
3. I will smile as much as I did for Junior Prom pictures
4. I will ask myself "What would Shelly do?" Smile, nod, shake hands, smile
5. I will ask questions, answer questions and attempt a polite, fake laugh or two

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Anniversary

Two Weeks from Two