A New Year

Thanks to a strong cup of coffee and a sparse lunch, I'm packing away the Christmas things like a frantic squirrel while also trying to channel my inner Suits. My in law family is organized, strategic and efficient. Kent graciously pulled down like, eight boxes (I lost count) full of Christmas decor but I told him I might be able to get it down to six if I packed it up more thoroughly. I'll keep you posted. 

Speaking of organized, strategic and efficient, I'd love to post some Christmas pictures once I find my camera cord...

Every New Years Eve familiar thoughts and emotions ambush me and I swing from wary "We can plan, but we don't actually know what's going to happen this year" to emotional "We just have had so many of these together and now we're old and I'm so thankful and what if this is my last new years eve?" There were a few tears, people. 

I know

Here's a picture from December 31st, 2018 when I ate too much pizza (When will I learn?) and had to remain very still because the risk of my abdomen exploding was quite high. This pictures also shows how we spent every most evenings of 2018. Checked out on the sofa watching either The Great British Baking Show or The Office (or wild night, both!) My immediate reaction is one of disgust. We should be fasting and praying! Or Reading! Why am I still wearing these {super comfortable} sweat pants that are over ten years old? Why is that stroller still sitting by the front door? I am the worst! New Year, New Me! But then I stopped myself and I realized there's something sweet and special about this ordinary everyday familiar life of ours. Our marriage turns ten this year, the age of an old family pet lab, you know, the dog that has finally chilled out and just enjoys being around you and occasionally running around on the beach. Thankful to be where we are, old sweatpants and all. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We-Need-A-Name-For-This-Wednesday

Happy Anniversary