Thankful Thursday {6 Months}

We have been in our new {rental} home for a little over six months and wow, isn't it easy to go from, "Thank you Lord, this place is perfect for us!" to "It's nice...but I really wish the washer/dryer were inside. I wish there was better lighting in the main living area"

Ugh! I repent!

Here are a few pictures, taken back in March. It looks a good bit different now, but this should give you a good idea of the main areas! 

Standing by the front door. Hallway to the right (3 bedrooms/2 bathrooms)
Garage door to the left. 
Looking left is the living room and play room
Playroom
Back porch lanai (the entire area is screened) 
+ Pool security fence to the right
Pool + backyard 
10 things I love about our house

1. It's one level 
2+story homes will always hold a special place in my heart and I hope to possibly own one in the future, but having kids in a one level house? I hit the JACK POT of Laziness! I am also probably pre diabetic or something now, but whatever. Unlike houses that we looked at to buy, all the bedrooms are on one side of the house which helps both the lazy side of me (bad dreams, etc.) and the freak out worried side of me (enter worst case scenario here). 

2. The play room
All the toys in one place. And a craft table to boot!

3. The big back yard
To find a big backyard in our area is rare. This is one of the things that every guest comments on (that and my beloved, rad church pew)

4. Potty spot for Patch 
When we bought our first home, Kent tells me that I really wanted a coat closet and a formal dining room (I have no recollection of this). On the list for this house hunt: I wanted a separate spot (off the garage door) for Patch, our dog, to potty. My, how the times have changed..

5. The high living room ceiling 
I had never lived with short ceilings until our last Florida rental. I always felt like Frodo entering his little tree house (I have no Lord of the Rings knowledge, if it isn't already obvious) Our current rental has low ceilings except for the living room- super high- and it makes a big difference. 

6. The back porch 
With the entire thing being screened, it's truly like an extra living space, but with the Zika Virus hitting Miami, I'm tempted to bubble wrap our entire house. 

7. Large Master closet 
junk junk junk excellent hide and seek spot junk junk junk 

8. A garage + a garage clicker 
I realize that some of my readers don't have this and HOW DO YOU EVEN?? Maybe it's the hoarding introvert inside of me, but I love my garage something fierce. 

9. The pool 
Kent and Caris use this the most, but I also use it to lure guests over. It's an instant win with the kids. 

10. It's a rental
Want to ram the Cozy Coupe into every corner of the house? Ok!
When Big sis says, "She found your lipstick".. and it's in the cracks of the bathroom tiles? Not the end of the world! No renovation arguments dreams, no resale stress, no appliance costs. Right now it works for us. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Anniversary

Two Weeks from Two