MacDaddy

Brace yourself. You have begun to read a blog post without pictures.

Gasp

3 Things I can not find in our new house: our checkbook, my camera cord, peace and quiet.

Aside from not having pictures, does this post look any different to you?

cricket cricket 

...I'm typing from my new MacBook "MacDaddy" Pro laptop! It was a birthday surprise from my Sugar Daddy winkyface He mentioned buying one for me but I kept stalling because hello, adulting. The new laptop would've been the ultimate surprise present had our credit card fraud team not been on their A-game.

A week before my birthday, I was driving home from a play date with a screaming toddler. Tears, screams, foaming at the mouth.  I had basically hog tied her, kicking and screaming, to get her out of a friend's house.  You know, the house we had visited to help that morning while the pregnant mom could run errands while her husband was out of town. So there I was driving with the windows down, the radio blasting to drown out my daughter thrashing around and screaming in the back seat thinking all sorts of "WHATINTHEWORLD. THATWASAWFUL. Boarding school? Pops' boot camp? Therapy for her? Therapy for me? An apology note to our friends?" when I got a call from the Fraud Department.

Our credit card account was stolen in July so when I heard, "Can you verify a purchase of $$$ made at the Apple store in California?" I was all, "First I had to drag my daughter out of someone's house by her feet and now our account was stolen again?? Worst day EVER" (She gets her drama from her Dad). I burst through the front door, found Kent and repeated "Can you verify a purchase of $$$ made at the Apple store in California?!" I expected a "Are you kidding me? Again??" response but got "DANGIT! I just clicked the button to buy it!"

And that is how he surprised me with MacDaddy for my birthday.

Thank you, Fraud Department, for keeping our account safe and ruining my birthday present all with one call.

Side note: I looked back to see how I documenting Caris turning 1 on my blog and learned that I devoted like 5 whole days to it. So I'm calling next week, Liza Week! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Anniversary

Two Weeks from Two