Frugal Friday

Kent took Caris for the day so Baby Ziza and I got our Thrift on! We bought the following.. 

Probably won't get through it without crying

2. Green Eggs and Ham 
A childhood CLASSIC. Quoted to me every time I refused to try a new food. 

3. Oh, David! 
A cousin to the books "No, David!" that I discovered while teaching. Caris learned about the books at the Y childcare and she walked around the house dramatically saying "NO DAVID!" 

4. Curious George Opposites
WE LOVE GEORGE! And opposites are perfect for us right now.
5. American Eagle skinny jeans
I'm hoping these fit me- I broke the cardinal rule of thrifting- I didn't try them on. And I'm eating a piece of birthday cheesecake as I blog so...

I also paid $2 more than regular jeans (final price $7.99) I've learned that good jeans are hard to find so it's worth the extra money.

6. Lime Leopard outfit for C

7. Pumpkin pants for Liza
Have I mentioned that I'm a total sucker for all kiddie holiday clothes? Instead of decorating my mantle, I decorate my kids. Give me 5 more years and I'll be a Show Mom.  
8. See? Christmas dress for Caris

9. Cinderella shoes to celebrate Caris' first trip to Disney (today!!)
10. REI fleece 

11. Brown pants for Liza's Halloween costume. Any early guesses? 
12. Soft doll for Liza. 
It's the first soft doll we've had and all other babies dolls in the house get ripped out of her hands by Older Sis. Don't worry (and don't tell my mother in law), I'm going to run her through the wash! 

As I waited in line, the lady behind me tapped me on the shoulder and said "Are you buying the doll for the baby? Here!" And handed me a dollar bill. "I want to buy it for her" How nice was that? She restored my faith in Floridians for a little while. winkwink 

Comments

  1. What a successful trip! Love the Christmas jumper, but not with the princess high heels. Brown pants part of a Chewbacca costume? Brown bear? Hershey bar? Sweet story about the lady paying for the doll!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Anniversary

Two Weeks from Two