Frugal Friday: Church Rummage Sale

Two weeks ago we went to a church rummage sale. A sweet lady from my bible study told me about it. She's from Canada and calls thrifting "Garage Saleing" Sailing? And I could listen to her talk all.day.long. We arrived at 9AM, an hour after it started and the place was HUGE and the place was PACKED with people. This included some grumpy, pushy people that wanted all the cheap stuff for themselves.  Next year I'll be prepared with elbow pads.

When it was all said and done, we spent two hours there. My dear little family came along because they love me so. When I thought I was finished (the first time), I searched high and low for them only to find them sitting in the "Sofa section" watching a (For Sale) TV that was playing an episode of Barney. When Caris saw me, her face lit up, she held out her arms and said, "MommYYYYY"  Then Kent spent the next 5 minutes scooping the-puddle-that-was-me off of the ground with a $2 snow shovel. 
Every item that you see in the following pictures was purchased for a total of $9. 

-One insanely white table cloth
-A pair of plaid shorts for Kent
-3 {acceptable to wear in public} athletic shorts for my growing behind bump
-A Disney Princess beauty bag
Upon returning home I realized that the blow dryer WORKS {And the 6 year old inside of me SQUEALED} These will be thoroughly washed and will reappear under the Christmas tree on December 25th.
1 Nautica linen dress shirt. The light-weight-ness of this shirt was the selling point. 
Now I only want two things out of my shirts and dresses: sleeveless and super-high cut. Which is different from the past when I searched for long sleeves and super low cut (har.har.har) Hello, polk dots! 
THIS. Right here. A Tommy Hilfiger cable knit sweater vest (or tank top?) Would you believe that I debated buying the above dress, but never, NOT ONCE did I waiver on buying this beauty?...Is it July yet?
Looks like I'll have some competition when July finally does roll around 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Anniversary

Two Weeks from Two