Our Trip: Part 5 {Leaving}

After a fun filled week in Philly, it was time to head home on Thursday morning. I was less nervous to fly with Little Miss this time, but the fact that she was already sucking her thumb and crying at 8:30AM was not a good sign. 

There are cupcakes on your shorts. How can you possibly be sad?
 Rainer N. drove us to the airport and when we were almost there he surprised Caris with this book as a souvenir. It was incredibly thoughtful and it almost made me cry (don't worry, that's coming later...) 

We were ahead of schedule and all ready to go until... After checking in, I saw that my flight was canceled. We were booked for another flight later that afternoon which meant a t-h-r-e-e hour wait in the airport. 

It's not the end of the world
Just pretend you're on the Amazing Race
...But my teammate is a 14 month old 
Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry

I held it together until Kent called. And after a good cry I was ready to embrace our new life in the airport just like Tom Hanks in Terminal. I decided, for the sake of Susu and everyone around her, that everything was fair game... Hugging the metal trashcan? YES. Plucking dirt out of the plant? SURE. Walking (sideways) in between all of the busy travelers? GO FOR IT.

emotionally eating
 I wasn't the only one who cried 
 The 3 hour wait did come with one perk... her first taste of Chick fil A lemonade! She loved it.
 We were so glad to make it home later that afternoon. It took my Amazing Race teammate a solid two days before she fully recovered. Before that, she could be found laying under the table, crying and sucking her thumb. 

Some people just aren't cut out for life on the road (name that movie!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Anniversary

Two Weeks from Two