Our Trip: Part 1 {The Flight}

Last Sunday C and I set off on a Top Secret Mission (more about that tomorrow). Because it was Top Secret, I could share my fears of traveling with almost no one, but now I'm free to tell everyone that I.was.scared. And nervous. And scared some more. I'd only flown twice and both times were with a huge group that wore matching t-shirts.

I tried to convince myself that I was just another cool, exciting, adventurous Mommy Blogger who jet sets across the country with their toddler in tow. 

It worked for a second. 

We arrived at the airport at 6:45AM. 
My legs felt like jello.
While Kent changed my travel buddy out of her jammies and into her travel outfit, I sat back down in the car.

Worst case scenarios floating through my mind included...

1. Going to the wrong gate/terminal/plane/all other airport lingo that I confuse in my head
2. Messing up my walk through security. Not realizing that I had accidentally packed a large pair of scissors/kitchen knife/liquid 3+ounces in my bag
3. My daughter flipping out on the plane. Maybe she wouldn't sit still at all. Maybe she'd kick me in the face and my nose would bleed uncontrollably. Maybe she'd  hit a fellow traveler with a flying object. Maybe we'd get kicked off.

 Clearly I was in a tizzy. Kent was good about giving me advice, "You can ask anybody anything" and helping me check in. Finally it was Go Time. I put on my brave smile, my big girl panties and my Ergo. I was whisked through security just fine.

And then I got on the wrong shuttle bus.
 I followed the only people I saw- a family that only spoke Spanish. Thankfully just seconds before the shuttle bus took off, I realized that I was on the wrong one and got off. 

After finding our seat on the plane, I realized that we had THREE LARGE seats all to ourself! Cue the clouds parting, trumpets blaring and sun shining over our heads.

The flight was great! C did well. No stinky diapers and only a few {spaced out} seconds of yelling. The man across the aisle was a new Grandpa AND, much to my happiness, he wore Bose headphones the entire time. We were all winning at that point.

Things that occupied her: Water bottle, rubber bracelets, books, airplane magazines, stickers, the barf bag, small stuffed baseball, animal crackers, the pull down tray, ice cubs, raisins and a calculator. 

I was so distracted getting C to drink and eat (for her ears) during take off, that I forgot how much I hate take off and landing. Gulp. 
 We survived our 2 hour flight! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Anniversary

Two Weeks from Two