The Drive

 We left SC on Saturday (1.5 weeks ago) It was a chilly 27 degrees and we were about an hour behind schedule, but the drive turned out to be ok. Kent and Patch led the way in the UHaul while Caris and I followed behind in our (packed to the max) Toyota Camery. The truck didn't have cruise control or a whole lot of speed so the 7 hour trip took us 9 hours. I had plenty of time to memorize the back of the truck. We arrived in Florida at 5 PM to a driveway full of new faces that were eager to help us unpack.

And by unpack I mean, set up beds, fill kitchen cabinets full of dishes and assemble furniture. I got questions like, "Where do you want your bed? Which room is the nursery? What IS this?" while I apologized for how filthy our toaster oven was (that they weren't supposed to even see yet).

 About an hour into it, I gave Kent the "Ok, this was helpful and super nice, but they can go home now. I just want to sit on a few boxes and stare at a wall" look. He read my look (Miracle- doesn't ever always happen) and people slowly trickled out of the house, after being thanked A TON.

I can't say enough nice things about my co-traveler, Tiny Su. She was, once again, a CHAMP. She only got out of her car seat once (to eat the best Chick fil A our lips have ever tasted- shout out to the Chick fil A in Brunswick, GA!!)  The rest of the time she babbled, but mostly slept. 

25 Bonus Daughter Points for you, Missy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Anniversary

Two Weeks from Two