Frugal Friday

I thought I'd catch you up on a little frugality today! We made National Donut Day a family affair with Kent driving in separately and Gigi meeting us there too. 

Every time Kent watches the hot and ready donuts, he longs to try an unglazed discarded one that sits to the side of the conveyer belt. He's never asked, but surely Krispy Kreme can make this happen. 
 The sole's of Kent's Chacos melted last summer when he left them on the dock. He recently got around to mailing them in and the company put new soles on them free of charge. We only had to pay $11 for shipping. I WAS AND AM SO PROUD. I think there's a sermon illustration here too... a new sole at the expensive of someone else?? YES'UH!AMEN!
 I stumbled upon this book for sale at the library (50 cents) It's a lady I follow on Instagram that likes to thrift (hence the rad collection of coffee cups), walks her kids to school and has a jail chaplain husband. I haven't read it yet, but I have an ordinary life located in an ordinary place (ASIDE FROM THE BARBECUE) so it might be right up my alley.
 Kent was invited for his yearly game of friendly football and an hour before he left, he snagged some cleats for $15. I wasn't sure I could be prouder after the Chaco exchange but he continued to surprise me with his thriftiness. He also receives husband points for being willing to pose for pictures holding shoes
 Cow Appreciation Day was earlier in the week and we met Kent for lunch & dinner. Zoom in to see Audrey's reaction to the cow...
 Breakfast too?! You 'betcha! We dined with my dear friend and middle school social influencer, Stephanie, her three girls and our moms I mean, IS THIS REAL LIFE? Sadly it was before 10 AM so I was only partially awake. Nonetheless, good times were had by all and we'd like to issue a joint public thank you to the Grandmas for sitting with and feeding our youngest calves, taking away 1/3 of our responsibilities for a glorious 10 minutes. THANKS!
 The free fun never ends!! Our area got 7-11's just in time for 7/11 and free Slurpees! I was surprised to find that our local one might be more sketchy than the ones up north or in Florida, but free is free so we went with it. I think, with that, we're all caught up on our Frugal Finds!

Comments

  1. Let's meet at Chick Fil A for breakfast EVERY year!
    Great job frugaling. (Is that a word?)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Anniversary

We-Need-A-Name-For-This-Wednesday