T E N

On May 30th PookieBear and I celebrated TEN wonderful years of marriage. In honor of hitting the decade mark, here are ten differences between us

1. He loves to have music playing. If he has 5 plates and 5 forks to load into the dishwasher, he starts a song. I can drive thirty minutes by myself before I realize that I've been riding in silence

2. Similarly, he has rhythm. He taps to any music he hears (my beloved show, Shark Tank, is actually the worst because of the daunting background music they play while people pitch their ideas to the Sharks) Despite my years at New Life, I can't sing and clap at the same time. Every time I think I've got it, he tells me that I'm clapping on the the wrong beatDANGIT

3. He loves paying in cash, specfically coins. He's the guy that scrounges up 79 cents in nickels and pennies from his car to pay for a Polar Pop at the gas station. I'm like, "$3.75 okay I think I actually have three one dollar bills and three quarters....{I'm holding everyone up behind me, everyone's staring at me and I think I'm starting to sweat} HERE'S MY CARD"

4. Given the choice between salty or sweet, I would pick chocolate every time, while Kent would pick a bag of potato chips.

5. He watches movies during the week. WHAT?? I have found that I don't love taking the time to watch movies (unless it's a classic RomCom) but in the event that I watch one, it's reserved for Friday, Saturday or Sunday night and now that we're in ministry, I would even scratch Saturday off as a potential movie night because, although we don't, I feel like we should be fasting and praying for church the next morning.

6. Similarly, he loves to fall asleep watching TV. We don't have one in our room so conking out on the sofa is one of his favorite past times. I can't fall asleep to sound or noise and even the thought of waking up groggy and having to lug myself to bed makes me cranky.

7. He is full of faith. In regards to church planting, we can look at each other, open our mouths and at the same time I'll say, "WELL this has been fun! (check please!) What's next?!" and he'll say, "I think God's at work! We're just getting started!"

8. He loves to look at maps and has a good sense of direction. I consult Google Maps every single time I go to the zoo, a drive that I've done over and over by now

9. His computer desktop is very organized. He has 5 folders, 6 folders within those, all organized, etc etc. His subfolders have subfolders. Mine is more like, "Walgreens Order1" "Walgreen Order 2" and a slew of documents and old screenshots. It's very troubling for him to use my computer. Lots of head shaking.

10. I can check a text on my phone, genuniely listen and respond to Caris' lengthy story and make dinner while Kent checks a text, pigs fly across the sky and our roof collapses. He won't notice anything until he puts the phone down.  The girls know by now that their parents have different multitasking abilities

We’re thankful for ten years of expedited sanctification  wedded bliss!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Anniversary

3 Reasons