3 Confessions

MAN happy AUGUST! We're going through these months faster than my kids go through bathroom squirt hand soap. Here are three confessions to start off a new month

1. Homeschool

Not so much a confession, but something I should type say out loud. We will homeschool this year for Kindergarten. A couple of sweet veteran homeschooling moms have reassured me that it's "just kindergarten" (so true! no pressure!) Still, there are a few things that I need to teach--letters, numbers, reading-- and judging by the plans for preK that I wrote but never actually accomplished with Caris, that's my biggest hurdle. Actually doing it.

2. Recycle

Occasionally (and I do mean occasionallyyyy like once a week) I throw a recycle-able item in the trash because I don't have the emotional fortitude to a) let it sit on the counter all day or b) walk it straight out to the recycle can in the backyard. I feel guilt over this so while I'm throwing it away, I yell "NEW HEAVEN AND NEW EARTH" in my head. Every single time. dork alert. It helps me because while we should recycle and be good stewards, it's just one glass jar/TIN CAN CLOSE YOUR EARS YOU TREE HUGGERS and there will one day be a new heaven and a new earth soooo guilt absolved and move on with my life amen.

3. Sleep

I simply don't function like a normal human being without 8+ hours of sleep. If I get 7, I am a subpar version of myself. Anything less than 7 and I'm better off taking a 24-hour vow of silence than to say anything. I think that's why the newborn stage is so conflicting for me. Adorable baby that I grew vs. not sleeping ever.
selfie with a really sad four week old
 {September 2017} 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Anniversary

Two Weeks from Two