2016 {Goals}

Remember my unofficial goals for 2015? I'm still telling Kent how to drive(but I'm praying about it. Gotta start somewhere winkyface) and blogging is my only hobby (Thank you, dear readers! Hi Mom!) But here are some notable personal accomplishments from 2015..

+Gave birth to a baby. And it wasn't just any birth. I had a fast, all natural DREAM BIRTH. And I'm not saying that a year later when memories and pain are distorted. And I'm not saying it in a Judgy-Mom way (remember my first experience?) Just minutes after she was born I said, "LET'S HAVE ANOTHER"--but that's before I had to raise her-- The experience still makes my chest constrict, makes me want to throw my fists in the air and sing the ROCKY theme song. It's the closest I'll ever get to running a marathon or climbing Mt. Everest and I am so thankful.

+Raised(-ing) two girls. Potty training. Sleep training. The works.

+Joined the YMCA and lost ahem..a few pounds

+Started a church small group for young families with Kent

+Initiated a park play date after women's bible study once a month

I recently asked Caris what she wanted to do in the new year and she answered, "Talk and play." And I was all, "Girl, we got this!" When we aren't talking and playing (Seriously, that girl can talk. She must get it from her dad. winkyface), here are some things that I'd like 2016 to be marked by.

Me
+Read, journal, pray, exercise, create. And since my only hobby is blogging, blog more often! These things will require getting up early and planning ahead.

Our Family
+Pray together (and keep track of requests/answered prayers in a cute Pinteresty way, of course)

+Activities. When Caris asks, "Where are we going today?" I want to be like, "Where are we NOT going today??" complete with jazz hands and a high kick. The zoo, the park, the library, the flat-Florida-"hiking"-trails

+Travel around Florida. What if we move out of state eventually never having seen the sun rise and set on the beach on the same day (that's a thing!) or manatees outside of Sea World? What if our only Florida boast is Disney World?

+Hospitality. Gulp. We are in the process of moving into a slightly larger rental house (The last time I wrote about housing, we were in contract to buy one. My hair is completely grey and I've gained all my baby weight back. Stay tuned) We love this new house and it has great features for hosting so this year I will get out of my Everything Has to be Perfect What if They Look in my Closet head and pray my way to joyful hospitality.
New Year's Eve 2005
party animals

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Anniversary

Two Weeks from Two