Baby "Princess" was born on Thursday during a peaceful, all natural home birth. The birth took mere seconds and I was instructed to "Don't look Mom. Mom! Don't look. Liza don't show her"
WHAT'S UP Blog Readerssssss?? (Said in my best yelling rock star voice) I want to sincerely thank all of the readers that took the time to comment on my last post and those that sent me an email. All of your comments made me smile and some of them made me laugh. There are still some readers creeping around in the non-commenting shadows, but I'll wait..... And until then, they're not invited to my birthday party. (Ouch. The worst insult you can receive in elementary school) Another big THANKS for reading my rambling thoughts on life and please bear with me as I continue to misspell words and switch up my tenses...past/present/I don' know I've been out of school for too long. Disclaimer: The longer I am a mother, the worse it will get. I never intended to take a blogging break. I guess it was an impromptu ten year anniversary hiatus. But now I have plenty of thoughts bumping into each other in my head, way too many thoughts for Kent to endure hearing after ...
Allow me to recall a devastating childhood memory? When brother Wes and I were young, say...7 and 9? We each had an awesome, huge, fun water float. He had a lobster and I, an alligator. One summer, during our annual beach trip to the Outer Banks, the lobster got a hole in it and for reasons STILL UNKNOWN TO ME, neither the lobster nor the alligator made the cut to join us in our wood paneled station wagon for the ride back home to Philly that fateful week. I was crushed and I still need counseling . So on Saturday, when I stopped at the Dollar General to buy a hat, I bought an alligator for myself my girls These pictures were taken from a phone inside a ziplock bag. Memories got nothin' on protecting the iPhone. They're the perfect age for a few hours at the beach and at one point we found ourselves watching them play together so we read whispered to each other " Look. They a r e playing to-ge-therrrr! " My family. Swoon
In the true spirit of Thankful Thursday, allow me to complain share a bit about our week. Kentario got slammed with a vicious 24 hour stomach bug which caused him to be bedridden. When the sickness left I was tempted to pull a Sherman and burn our room down to the ground...just in case. I decided it was best to quarantine ourselves on Sunday in case we were infected (we were not) . But that didn't keep Liza from getting her Praise On. At another point during the week I found her repeatedly licking the door frame. "LieLou!!" And she temporarily succumbed to the influence of her older sister. "LieLou!!" She didn't appreciate getting repremanded which she made clear with her stern face, laser eyes and Barbie spy glasses. I decided to organize the hall closet and embrace the craziness When it got to be too much I dipped into our emergency stash of frozen pizza and emotionally ate The highlight of the week was findin...
Comments
Post a Comment