What We Ate

Last week was a fairly normal week at La Casa de Suits. Here's what we ate.

Monday: I lied. Eating out is not our norm. We're too cheap and going out with kids is less than relaxing. BUT tonight was Opening Night for our local 5 Guys and let me tell you.. Kent has been waiting for this day for MONTHS. The sign was up 6+ months ago and every time we drove by, we'd strain our eyes across the parking lot to see if any progress was being made. When I found out that Monday was the opening night I said, "THAT'S IT. WE'RE GOING." He ate there 3x in the first week and I promised to uphold my marriage vows and visit him in the hospital when his heart closes up and waves the white flag.
The high of the meal: Watching LiLou eat half a burger with one hand likes she's been doing it her whole life + their peanut butter milkshake(go get one!!) We bought one and passed it around the table, grossing some people out, I'm sure. Frugal Family Bonding.

The low of the meal: There was some unhappy sibling screeching from our table at various points in the meal. Pickles were stolen, peanut shells were flung.

Tuesday: To make up for Monday night, I made a chick pea/curry/sweet potato combo on white rice which was loosely based on my Mom's recipe, but not nearly as good.

The high of the meal: Discovering that Liza will eat chick peas

The low of the meal: ReDiscovering that I can't cook like my Mom

Wednesday: Eggs and sausage. Brinner. One of the greatest things. Kent cooked this meal because I was Face Timing with my Mom (YAY Hi Mom!). While we were eating Caris asked us, "So what do you want to do today?" And I answered, "That's something you ask at breakfast!" Wherein Kent pointed to his plate. Touché.
Unprompted silly face?! Making Mommy proud! 

The high of the meal: Watching Caris enjoy a personal favorite that I taught her: sausage dipped in syrup. Maybe she'll be the one visiting her parents in the hospital.

The low of the meal: We lost a good portion of Liza's sausage to the ground and ultimately the dog.

Thursday: Pan seared chicken + *fresh green beans {*that were almost too old to eat} We went straight from dinner to decorating sugar cookies.
Prepping green beans just like the ol' Frontier Days

The high of the meal: Dessert

The low of the meal: The greens beans

Friday: Pastor Kent whipped up a cheese quesadilla for his girls, at my request, before leaving to preach at the Good Friday service (Hercules! Hercules!). I threw together some boxed apple muffins and we enjoyed  a strange, but delicious,  meal of one cheese quesadilla, warm apple muffins and milk.

The high of the meal: Warm muffins

The low of the meal: No low!

We ate most of our meals outside because the weather was begging us to.
And that's what we ate last week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Staycation

The Alligator Float

Wish List